Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education
Location(s): United States
Managed by Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU), ORISE directly supports DOE’s national agenda to advance science education and research programs by creating opportunities for collaboration through partnerships with DOE facilities, other federal agencies, the academic community and industry.
Fundamental to ORISE’s mission objectives are:
- research surrounding occupational hazards’ health risks
- environmental cleanup assessments
- radiation medical emergency response
- scientific peer reviews
- health communication and technical training
- national security and emergency preparedness, and
- the education of the next generation of scientists.