Bedsider Content: Provider Perspectives, Get on Top Summaries and Feature Articles [II]
Investigator: J. Joseph Speidel, MD, MPH
Sponsor: National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy
Location(s): United States
What is Bedsider?
- Bedsider is a free online/mobile/digital birth control support network designed to help unmarried women 18-29 avoid unplanned pregnancy.
- Developed by The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy and IDEO, an award-winning global innovation and design firm, Bedsider is an authoritative and accessible one-stop location for all things birth control.
The target audience for Bedsider.
- Bedsider targets the 17 million unmarried women ages 18-29 who are not seeking pregnancy and who sometimes use contraception, but not carefully or consistently enough to avoid an unplanned pregnancy.
- The Ad Council marketing effort in support of Bedsider (more below) focuses more narrowly on those 18-24.
The goal of Bedsider.
- The goal of Bedsider is to reduce unplanned pregnancies among single young women—the vast majority of whom say that they do not want to get pregnant right now.
- Bedsider seeks to(1) take the fear and mystery out of birth control, (2) help women find the method of birth control that’s right for them, (3) help them understand how to use it consistently and effectively, and (4) to gradually encourage women to consider using more effective forms of birth control over