AIDS Clinical Trials Group Network (ACTG)
Location(s): United States
Peters currently chairs the Hepatitis Transformative Science Group (HEP TSG). The HEP TSG is comprised of clinicians and scientists from U.S. and international sites with diverse interests and patients, providing HCV (hepatitis C virus) therapy to all patients living with HCV and HIV co-infection and patients with HCV mono-infection.
She says the group’s goals include:
1. Devising novel trial designs to accelerate evaluation and approval of new drugs and drug regimens in viral hepatitis.
2. Expanding and strengthening clinical site capacity to carry out hepatitis trials.
3. Strengthening capacity to diagnose; monitor; and evaluate clinical, virological and immunological outcomes.
4. Strengthening hepatitis virologic and pharmacology research capacity for studies of drug-drug interactions between DAAs (direct-acting antivirals), ART (antiretroviral therapy) and other medications.
5. Mentoring and supporting new investigators to pursue this agenda.