- Expand access to high-quality neurological care to underserved communities worldwide.
- Increase the capacity of resource-limited communities to sustainably treat neurological conditions by partnering with local clinicians to enhance their capabilities.
- Provide UCSF neurologists opportunities to practice medicine in a global health setting and further UCSF’s role as a world-leader in neurology and global health sciences.
Consultations include a UCSF neurologist conducting a joint consult with the partnering clinician and their patient. The partner clinician assumes full responsibility for the patient’s care during the web consultation. The partner clinician can either:
- Schedule a time for a consult and provide patient information in advance.
- Request a consult from a virtually on-call UCSF neurologist.
- Schedule a day where multiple cases are presented in succession.