2 year joint fellowship program in Clinical Pharmacy with Actelion
Location(s): United States
The UCSF-Actelion Clinical Research and Medical Communications Fellowship Program partners with the top leaders in academic research and industry to provide an innovative, mentored, two-year experience combining academic clinical investigation and pharmaceutical industry training for PharmDs in early postdoctoral years.
The program is presented jointly by the Department of Clinical Pharmacy, UC San Francisco, and Actelion Pharmaceuticals US, Inc.
Fellows will work with research and clinical faculty members at UCSF—a world-renowned teaching institution that focuses on the health sciences—where they will participate in clinical research, learn via interdisciplinary didactics, and present and publish results of scholarly work.
In partnership with Actelion, a market leader in therapies for orphan diseases, fellows will also gain experience in medical communications with the goal of building core competencies in medical affairs as well as collaborating on numerous projects with health economics and outcomes research professionals, medical science liaisons, and regulatory affairs departments.
AT UCSF, FELLOWS WILL:
- Participate in multi-disciplinary, collaborative clinical drug-related research
- Present and publish results of scholarly work
- Provide direct patient care through planned UCSF clinical pharmacy service
- Attend bi-weekly interdisciplinary clinical pharmacology didactic seminars, and attend a quarterly research semina
AT ACTELION, FELLOWS WILL:
- Experience distinct, but complementary functional areas within medical affairs: medical information, medical strategy, and publications
- Collaborate on numerous, inter-departmental projects including exposure to managed markets, health economics and outcomes research, and regulatory affairs
- Participate in experiential training block with the medical science liaison group