Global Health Sciences Clinical Scholars Program Immersion Experience
The Global Health Sciences Clinical Scholars Program (GHCSP) was established in 2006 in response to a demand for an educational track by clinical trainees interested in bridging the global health gap. The program is the first in the nation to include residents from such a diversity and number of disciplines, and has expanded to include the school of nursing and other health professional schools.
- Develop a cohort of scholars from different specialties with similar interests in global health
- Teach basic global health principles through a range of fundamental topics
- Increase networking opportunities with global health faculty
- Provide exposure to multiple career paths within global health
- Foster interdisciplinary scholarly work in global health within UCSF clinical training programs
- Encourage a commitment to global health issues
IImmersion Experience: Depending on their school and program, scholars generally spend a minimum of one month in a resource-scarce country practicing clinical medicine, conducting a research project, or participating in program development. To ensure that our programs are mutually beneficial, we encourage scholars to go to sites where UCSF has longitudinal projects, facilitating a rich commitment to truly collaborative research and capacity building.